Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Rough Draft of Final Paper

Hi Everybody,

This is my very rough rough draft for the final paper.  I am going to finish another outline I started on Storify and post it by Friday.

Let me know your thoughts and criticism.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Background
As a student in this Social Media Strategies class, I was required to create a blog and use Twitter and Pinterest to drive traffic to the blog.  The goal of the class was to become familiar with the use of different social media platforms and learning how to analyze the statistics of the blog.  This is the final paper show casing my journey of blogging.

Introduction
- My name is Andrea Thomas and I am currently in graduate school for a Master's in Integrated Marketing at Marist College.  I have a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations from Howard University. 
- List what I enjoy doing
- My career goals
- Discuss why I chose the layout for my blog and how I picked topics

Plans and Policies
- List the goals I set out for the blog, twitter, and pinterest
- Discuss how I planned on achieving the goals
- *insert screen shot of my blog policy*
                            
Activities
- Discuss my activities on Twitter
     - Post screenshots of some of my tweets
- Discuss my pinterest activities
      - Post screenshots of some of my pins
- Post shots of retweets

Analysis
- Discuss total page views since the beginning of the blog
- Discuss the comments generated
- Identify and discuss which posts generated the most views

Conclusion
- Discuss if I achieved my goals
- Discuss what I feel like I could have done differently
- Discuss what I will do in the future

5 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea -

    I think you have the right outline - but could add some data to back up your points, especially in the analysis section.

    From what I understand, and the comments I've gotten on my own Storify paper - we should be focusing in on the "why I did" as opposed to the "what I did". Based on the outline that you provided here, I can't really tell what other strategies you used to help drive views / engagement on your blog - but that would be an important component to cover.

    I'm happy to offer additional comments once you start to include actual data / examples of what you did over the course (and why you did them) - but it's a bit hard to provide feedback without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,

    Just as Adrienne says above, I think you have hot all of the required points for the paper. Now it is just about filling those points with the content.

    I look forward to reading your updated outline later in the week. Best of luck!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adrienne, I'm working on this now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea- good start on with the outline! I think one of the keys in writing this Storify digital paper is to be as specific as possible. What were the who, what, why's and whens of all of your strategies. Who was your audience, what tactics did you implement and why did you implement them? The intrigue lies in these details. What were your specific results in the end and what did they tell you about the success (or not) of your strategies?

    You have laid the foundation, now you need to do the brick work! Good luck and I look forward to seeing your next version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne, Dawn, Susan thanks for helping get on the write track. I have posted an update. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete